Re: Compiling corebase on Windows

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Compiling corebase on Windows
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:58:33 -0500

I was able to up to a certain point with the installation of corebase on Windows, today.  I still have a few show stoppers, though.  The list is:

(1) GNUstepBase/preface.h includes windows.h and a conflict between Window's BOOL and ObjC's BOOL.  The fix is fairly simple, just add a define like David suggested.
(2) objc/runtime.h does not exist on Windows.  I'm not sure if this is because the windows installer is a little out of date or if this file isn't installed on Windows.  In either case, I had to work around it by including ObjetiveC2/runtime.h.  I would like to be able to just include objc/runtime.h like I do on Linux, though.
(3) ICU is not packages with the Windows installer.  I remember at one point it was, but it doesn't seem to have made it into the latest release.

I get a bunch of warnings about "import" being deprecated, but the compilation still goes through.

Stef