Re: Opening bundles

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Opening bundles
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:06:15 -0600

Hey Ivan,

I ran in to a similar problem once where Ink wouldn't open rtfd bundles; running the make_services tool fixed it.

The open/save panel code calls -[NSWorkspace isFilePackageAtPath:] to decide whether a path is a bundle. From what I can see, the implementation of isFilePackageAtPath  doesn't consult the application's info.plist but only looks at the cache generated by the make_services tool. This isn't very nice, since it seems we both ran in to problems because of it, so NSWorkspace should probably be modified to check the app's info.plist file in case the make_services cache is out of date.

btw, I tried updating and building zcode but it looks like a file is missing:
IDE/AppController.m:24:28: fatal error: XCPluginManager.h: No such file or directory

Cheers,
Eric