Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 15:25:46 +0200

David Chisnall wrote:

On SPARC64, I think sizeof(int) is 8, so I'd expect this to be 96. If it isn't, we need to work out why. Can you step through this call and see if it's doing anything obviously wrong?

The usual model for 64-bit machines is LP64, which means sizeof(int) = 4 and sizeof(long) = 8. I'd be very surprised if this were different on SPARC64 (the last machine I encountered with sizeof(int) = 8 was a DEC Alpha more than 10 years ago).

Wolfgang