Re: UIKit

From: Amr Aboelela
Subject: Re: UIKit
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:13:30 -0700

Hi Dr Niklaus,

I started the caramel project in github
https://github.com/amraboelela/caramel

github make things easy that anyone can fork the project, contribute to it independently then send me pull request, and if i accept, i can merge it back to the main repository.

did QuantumSTEP implemented any kind of animation which can be used for the CoreAnimation implemenation?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:
Hi Amr,

Am 29.06.2011 um 01:01 schrieb Amr Aboelela:

> Hi Fred,
>
> I am thinking to start a project called "oPhone" in github to develop in it all frameworks needed to have an open source smart phones, based on Linux OS, Objective-C, GNUstep, Chameleon's UIKit, and Apple WebKit.

QuantumSTEP has the same goal, although development stalled for a while.
Maybe, there will abe some open hardware to run it on.

> Also I am planning to put frameworks in bundles similar of Apple's Mac bundles. e.g. as:
> /system/library/frameworks/UIKit
> /system/library/fonts

This is pretty standard if you want to.

> What do you think?

To me it looks like you want to reinvent the world by opening a new repository ...

> and is there anyone interested to join?

... and getting 2 or 3 enthusiastic coworkers.

This will certainly fail because it is work for years for many persons and you have
to arrange many components.

Are you interested to join QuantumSTEP?

-- hns

--