Re: UIKit

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: UIKit
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:10:34 +0100

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> At the FOSDEM this year we decided to start a GNUsep sub project to
> implement UIKit. And just a few weeks later we learned about UIKit:
>
> http://chameleonproject.org/
>
> This made us stop our own efforts in this direction. I think nobody ever
> tried to use this code on top of GNUstep gui and you will need the missing
> bit CoreAnimation for this. But implementing that should be easier than an
> full UIKit implementation.

Did it?  I'm still interested in a proper UIKit implementation - Cameleon is
not really equivalent, and is less interesting - I just haven't had time to
work on it.

I think lack of people with both time and inclination to work on UIKit is more
to blame than the existence of Cameleon.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103