Re: make libobjc and libobjc2 easily renamable, and some fixes for old l

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: make libobjc and libobjc2 easily renamable, and some fixes for old libobjc with regard to pthreads
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:46:36 +0200

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

With the old libobjc, I ran into another problem, when I change the threading
to THREADING=pthreads.
Then the thr_pthreads.c fails to compile, since the header name I need to
include differs, and also some of the threading functions have different number
of parameters, and return values. So I wonder, whether the using pthreads there
is actually the right thing to do for me on OpenBSD, or whether I misunderstood
sth. and the pthreads in the old libobjc is actually sth. completely different.

I assume you want to use THREADING=posix. The file thr-pthread.c says that it is an interface to PCThreads under GNU/Linux, which AFAIR was an early attempt from the last century to implement a POSIX compliant thread interface.

Wolfgang