Re: Obtaining a UUID NSString

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Obtaining a UUID NSString
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:19:58 -0500

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Austin Clow <dr_clow@mac.com> wrote:
Thank you for your response,

However,  -globallyUniqueString contains information (host name, the process ID, a timestamp and a counter), I would prefer a UUID that has no information encoded within it.

- Austin

Is this something you're in dire need of?  If so, I can take a look at implementing CFUUID in corebase (as Niels mentioned, it's a CF implementation).  I've had little time to work on it lately, but I can make a push and probably get something working around mid to end of June.

Keep in mind, however, that very little is working in corebase right now.

Stef