NSXMLNode and libxml

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: NSXMLNode and libxml
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 23:45:28 +0200

Hello all,

I recently and quite obliviously started using NSXMLNode in DBusKit
because I want it to emit D-Bus introspection data, which is XML.
As it turns out, that was a bit hasty since we only have a stub for
NSXMLNode in -base.
There are some comments in the code that suggest that it should be
implemented using libxml2. Since the libxml2 APIs are reasonably easy to
use, it would be willing to do that. Still, I wanted to check back first
whether this is still the path we want to go down.
I remember Richard making a few changes to NSXMLParser so that it always
works without libxml and I got the impression that the goal was to
avoid the dependency on the library. So: Do we need a home-grown
implementation here or is a thin wrapper around libxml sufficient?

Cheers,

Niels