Re: Painting gnustep-gui into OpenGL

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Painting gnustep-gui into OpenGL
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:47:30 +0100

On 27 Apr 2011, at 09:28, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> That looks very interesting! I'll try getting this to work. There's bound to
> be tons of issues on new GNUstep, though. Well, I guess we'll see. :-)

Depending on the performance that you need, this can be trivial.  You can, for
example, paint a view hierarchy into an NSImage and then point OpenGL at this
texture.

The difficult part is event handling.  You will need to construct NSEvent
instances and inject them into your view hierarchy, after performing some
transforms from the OpenGL coordinate space.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620