Re: CoreBase and -base

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: CoreBase and -base
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:56:15 +0200

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 18:31, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

There was some discussion a while ago about moving CoreBase into -base, but I don't recall any final decision.  I'm currently looking at implementing CFBundle.  Doing this in a separate framework is pretty easy if you don't need to support any platforms where dlfcn.h doesn't exist[1], but ideally it should use the same abstraction layer that NSBundle uses.  It can't be implemented in terms of NSBundle, however, since it is a lower level class.  Ideally, either NSBundle should be refactored to use CFBundle, or they should both share some common code - at the very least, CFBundle should probably use the library loading abstraction code in -base, which is not currently possible.

David

Maybe it's slightly off-topic, but what's the state of "toll-free bridging" between CF and NS classes?

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net