Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:36:05 +0200

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 17:11, Andrea D'Amore <and.damore@macports.org> wrote:

Of course you can use additional repository in MP.

Is it possible to add something beside file:// and rsync:// repositories without requiring people to manually 'svn up' or 'hg pull && hg up'? The idea is that any updates get automatically pulled at 'port selfupdate && port upgrade outdated' without thinking about them.

> I'd like to just patch stuff to work with current version before upgrading to actual current versions (for example recently released 1.22 base, 2.6.0 make, etc). Once things work, then upgrading can be done. Eric has already tested updating and with previous versions gnustep-base didn't work. Since 1.22 is now released, we could try this again.

I'd rather go with actual stable, but that's a matter of personal taste.

I'd go with stable, too, but this has 'worked once upon a time', so there's greater possibility it can quickly work for a greater amount of people.

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net