Re: Question about WindowMaker

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Question about WindowMaker
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:32:24 -0500

WindowMaker is a comletely separate project from GNUstep and is coded solely in C.  GNUstep and GNUstep-based application don't need it and it doesn't need GNUstep.  You can just as well use another window manager, such as Etoile's Azalea (based on Openbox) or Metacity (the GNOME window manager).  The look is similar, I guess that's why someone would think they go hand-in-hand, but the feel is completely different.