Re: Failed installing GNUstep-GUI on Debian Squeeze using SVN

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Failed installing GNUstep-GUI on Debian Squeeze using SVN
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:39:48 +0100

Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> writes:

> On 18.03.2011 22:41, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just compiled GNUstep from SVN on Debian Squeeze: make, base but when
>> try to install gui get errors:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/SYWKJbAn
>>
>> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Although this happened when compiling gui it is actually a base issue. :-)
> It was just for cases like this that I convinced Richard to move the
> test framework into the specific modules. If you try to run the tests
> in base, you will notice that the same problem shows up.

OK, I check out SVN repository again and recompile gnustep-base after I
installed zlibc, zlib-bin, however I have installed zlib1g, zlib1g-de
when this problem occure.

So after recompilation and installation of make I run tests with 'make
check' and get messages:
--->
5544 Passed tests
  11 Dashed hopes
   9 Skipped sets
   2 Failed builds
---<

base/headers/ObjCXX.mm:
Failed build:

base/NSObject/objc++.mm:
Failed build:

After this I compile base and again I get messages:
5543 Passed tests
  11 Dashed hopes
   9 Skipped sets
   2 Failed builds

After this I try to compile again gui but get the error:
 Linking tool make_services ...
/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2: undefined reference to `gzdirect@ZLIB_1.2.2.3'
/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so: undefined
 reference to `gzseek64'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> From the error message I would guess that libxml2 requires the zlib,
> but GNUstep base wasn't linked against that.

So, I was thinking that that if I install zlibc and zlib-bin I can then
install gui but this isn't the case.

If there is not any further advices, I will give up here because don't
know how to solve the problem. :(

--
Regards, Paul
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>