Re: Fast enumeration

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Fast enumeration
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 07:44:22 +0100

Hi,

I think a compromise can be reached.
Ok, since you rely on C99 syntax.

I am not sure if this is acceptable to everybody and we should
not break things if we can find a more general (although more ugly)
solution.

You said: "It requires C99 mode, but hey, it's 2011."

Yes., that is right, but if the new macro is used in a
fundamental framework like Base I think we should be
very careful about this decision.
If you want to expose this macro by default in base, I'd refrain from that. However, I guess it can be exposed if Libobjc-2 is used: the correlation with the newer library version and c99 is probably 1. Pre-C99 support (which I guess sums up in gcc-2.95) can be left to Objc-1.x and in this case the fast enumeration macro could be hidden.

Of course, if Nikolaus comes up with a generic solution, no objections at all.

Riccardo