Re: Fast enumeration

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Fast enumeration
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:54:06 +0100

On 4. vel. 2011., at 14:57, Jens Ayton <jens@ayton.se> wrote:

I can't find a conveniently clean answer to this on the intergoogles, so:
* Is fast enumeration usable in any stable release version of GNUstep?
* If so, what combination of GNUstep version and compiler is necessary? * To get to the nub of the issue, what nasty #ifing do I need to get my nasty foreach() macro to use fast enumeration if available when building for GNUstep? (Building with distro-standard versions of GNUstep is a higher priority than saving on temporary enumerators, and besides, I still support OS X 10.4 anyway.)

--
Jens Ayton

If you refer to for(id x in y) syntax, I believe you just need to use a compiler with objc2.0 support, as well as a sufficiently recent runtime.

I think I haven't had problems with clang and Debian testing's GNUstep.

Regards,

Ivan Vučica
via phone