Re: Google Summer of Code 2011

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:38:11 +0000

Is it worth submitting our own application this year?  We could try another
GNUstep Ecosystem one, and try to sneak into the GNU one for GNUstep if it
fails.

More importantly, do we have any student developers who are interested?  In the
past, we've had a lot of success from existing developers who have been able to
fund themselves over the summer to work full time on GNUstep, but much less
success from people trying to make their first contributions as part of the
GSoC.

I'd be happy to mentor again, and we can draft a proposal at FOSDEM if there
are interested students...

David