Re: FOSDEM Dinner

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Dinner
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:24:35 +0000

On 28 Jan 2011, at 14:35, David Chisnall wrote:

> I'm being reminded by the FOSDEM organisers that I need to make a decision
> about the dinner on Saturday.  The vegetarian options on the menu look quite
> uninspiring, so I wouldn't mind skipping it if there is some alternate plan
> for Saturday evening (please remember, I need to be awake / sober enough to
> give a talk by Sunday lunchtime when proposing alternatives).

I don't think there's any formal plan ... usually a bunch of us just get
together and find a meal somewhere early/mid evening.
I'm usually one of the earliest to leave (my body clock is set to 10pm bedtime
and 6am start), and there's no real pressure that you have to stay up late.
Certainly if you don't want to go to the FOSDEM dinner you won't have to eat
alone.