Re: FOSDEM Beer / Discussion

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Beer / Discussion
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:32:32 +0100

Le 22 janv. 2011 à 21:09, David Chisnall a écrit :

> Hi Everyone,
>
> The consensus among people I've spoken to so far seems to be to not stay too
> late at the beer event, but instead find somewhere a bit quieter where we can
> talk without having to shout in each other's ears.
>
> The FOSDEM people seem to be putting me in the Novotel which is about 300m
> from Delirium, and has a bar[1] that stays open until 1am.  Can I propose
> this as an alternative location for us to retire to after a few beers in
> Delirium?

Sounds good to me, the bar looks neat.

> I should be getting in to Brussels some time around 16:00, so I should have
> found my hotel and settled by about 17:00 (unless I do the same thing as last
> year and get on a subway train going in the wrong direction, then have to
> turn around...).

My train arrive at 14:30, so I'll probably be settled at the Argus hotel around
16:00… If somebody arrives around this time to the Argus and want to join me,
let me know :-)
David, we can probably meet each other around 17:00 at the Novotel or some
other bars around.

> It might be a good place to meet people, since it's quite close to the beer
> event, and we can go from there to find somewhere to eat - looking on OSM
> there seem to be quite a few restaurants between the hotel and the beer
> event.

Yes, even if we don't return to the Novotel bar after the beer event, it's
probably convenient to meet here before going to the restaurant.

Cheers,
Quentin.