Re: Associating bundle directories with app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Associating bundle directories with app
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:30:01 +0100

Hi,
This would be the ideal way to do things (much, much more efficient than
scanning all the directories periodically), but we don't have any way to do
that yet as we don't have a cross-platform api for gettting filesystem update
notifications :-(

Perhaps someone could write something to use inotify (linux), kqueue (bsd),
change notifications (windows NTFS) to perform real-time updates, and run
make_services occasionally to catch cases that the filesystem notifications
miss?
piggy-back to fswatcher in GWorkspace ?

Riccardo