Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:58:23 +0100

Hi Nicola,

Le 13 déc. 2010 à 11:52, Nicola Pero a écrit :

> You probably mean GCC 4.6 :-)
>
> All the new Objective-C enhancements will be in GCC 4.6, which hasn't been
> released yet.  Because it's not even been released yet, there aren't any
> smooth,
> ready-to-use packages or instructions for using it on Windows (yet).  Windows
> is a difficult platform (for software originating in the Unix world).
>
> So I'd suggest you wait a few months for it to be released.

I didn't know you had made as many progresses in adding ObjC 2 support to GCC
over the past months.
It looks promising and it's great to see that GCC is committed to support ObjC.

If you are coming to the FOSDEM this year, I'd be interested to hear a talk
about all these GCC and GCC libobjc changes.
Will GNUstep libobjc2 be usable as a drop-in runtime replacement with GCC 4.6?

Cheers,
Quentin.