Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:34:50 +0700

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
> Hey,
>>
>> Since we're talking about these things, it might not be a bad idea to
>> have the most important themes presented on the front page:
>>
>> 1) the default theme...
>> 2) the windows theme
>> 3) the GNOME theme once it's finished.
>>

> too much stuff. The screenshot on the homepage is just there to adorn it a
> bit. The rest should be categorized.

I tend to agree on this

> If it irritates all you so much that I put a workspace and a gap app as a
> screenshot (the detail image itself is not related, I just wanted something
> simple) I will remove it alltogether.
>
> The homepage shall be clean and invite you to read more. Presenting
> everything at once is a mess.

I agree, too bad I think I want a screenshot which a big slash in the
middle dividing the left GNOME part from the right Windows part. and
have the same app splitting in the middle into GNOME and Windows theme
at the same time.
You know.. may be this can explain better

http://www.movie-list.com/posters/big/zoom/faceoff.jpg

But seems the guys' faces so they are a single person.

> Go to www.gnome.org and please tell me if you see on the homepage all the
> bazillion of themes and applications. I guess not.

I think this is the problem. Why do you compare GNOME environment with
GNUstep toolkit? At least it contradict with the default purpose
(which I don't agree with) of a free Cocoa clone.

> Heck, even www.windows.com directs you to a page that shows possibilities,
> not everything. ANd certainly not a shot  of Visual Studio.
>
> Riccardo

same as above.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn