Re: GNUstep Desktop

From: Benoit Astruc
Subject: Re: GNUstep Desktop
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:30:14 +0100

Hi,

Le 10 nov. 10, à 21:49, Stefan Elwesthål a écrit :

Hi all,

I just got GNUStep installed on my Ubuntu and compiled some simple example. However, what would be the easiest way to setup a pure GNUstep Desktop environment, and get rid of that Gnomish thing?
If I miss a lot of apps, I will develop them faster ;)
Thankful for any guides or links!

Well, I am in the same situation. I just finished installing Debian Squeeze and all GNUstep related stuff (migrating from Mac OS X 10.3) with the idea to force me into developping for GNUstep by using it. My first idea was to install Etoile but after reading into the mailing list it seems that the last release of Etoile is really out of date and installing from trunk is a great pain. So I am waiting for the next release of Etoile...

For now I just use MPDCon as a music player and I started to look into his code as somes things doesn't seems to work as intended.

@+
Benoit