Re: Translation of the Info Panel

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Translation of the Info Panel
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:34:56 +0200

Am 09.10.2010 09:39, schrieb Csanyi Pal:
> can one to translate Info Panel for an application?
>
> Say, on the Info Panel of my LPT_Interface app stand:
> "Write & read the parallel port."
>
> If one start my app in Hungarian environment and invoke from menu Info
> Panel, then I would like that that this sentence be shown in Hungarian:
> "Írja és olvassa a párhuzamos portot."
>
> Is this possible?

I never tried myself, but I think it should be possible to provide a
different Info-gnustep.plist for each language. The problem here may be
that currently we are merging things into the main .plist of the
application and surely don't do this for the ones specific for a
language. You may have to add a few extra entries there, but then this
will be mostly in the part of the file that doesn't contribute to the
info panel.
Perhaps Nicola will be able to give you a more detailed answer?

Fred