Re: getting gnustep to work

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: getting gnustep to work
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:32:30 +0200

Hi,
Over the years I have tried many times to install and get Gnustep to work.
Never had any luck so far. All its ever produced for me is a nice list of
error messages. Tried again recently on Windows, no luck. So I tried just
now on a clean install of Ubuntu. I installed Gnustep, followed the mini
tutorial to create a tiny program and its makefile (below). I then, as
instructed, typed "make", and as usual, got some error messages (just
below).

sorry to be sarcastic, but in so many attempts, did you ever read a bit in the wiki or checked the examples provided?

The simplest thing you can do is to use ProjectCenter: use "tool" for a command-line application, type your code and hit build. PC will generate the files for you and run everything for you. Then gradually you can understand what is done automatically for you and tamper yourself.

Riccardo