Re: URGENT: Unable to run PROJECTCenter

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: URGENT: Unable to run PROJECTCenter
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:32:39 +0200

Hi,

ProjectCenter.exe - This application has failed to start because
gnustep-base-1_18.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix
this problem.

I tried to reinstall the applications again, but that did not solve the
problem.
I tried to search for gnustep-base-1_18.dll binary, but it was not there in
my system.
Instead the binary : gnustep-base-1_21.dll is present in the GNUStep
installation directory of my system.

Please help/advise me as to how to run the ProjectCenter.

This means you are running a very old binary of ProjectCenter against a more modern gnustep core environment on windows and the old DLL is no longer present.

It is advisable in this case to compile ProjectCenter yourself on windows in this cae, as most applications. Uninstall the version you have, then get the PC sources. Build and install is as simple as "make install".

Everything should work as expected, I use project center on windows regularly. I use the upcoming version 0.6.0 though which is expected to be out by the end of August / beginning of september, depending on on how fast we can squeeze out certain bugs.

Regards,
   Riccardo