Re: gnustep make on MacOSX

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: gnustep make on MacOSX
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:22:38 +0100

On 27 Jun 2010, at 18:46, Andreas Höschler wrote:

> I am trying to build a bundle on MacOSX 10.6.3 using gnustep make and am
> getting the following "missing required architecture x86_64 " error:

This means that you are trying to link a framework to either an x86-64 or
universal binary, but the framework does not contain symbols for the
architecture that you are using.  My guess would be that you've installed the
IA32 version of the framework.

I think on 10.5, gcc always defaulted to producing 32-bit binaries, but with
10.6 it now defaults to whatever the current CPU supports.  The simplest way of
fixing this is to add -m32 to your OBJCFLAGS and force it to build a 32-bit
binary.  Alternatively, install a 64-bit version of the framework.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA