Re: libobjc2 release?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: libobjc2 release?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:24:28 +0000

On 12 Mar 2010, at 17:59, Pete French wrote:

>> Clang has now had the release branch created, and I'd like to do a
>> libobjc2 release to coincide with their release.  Please can everyone
>> test clang + libobjc2.  We can still fix bugs in either before the
>> release, but they need to be reported.
>
> Just checked out the code for libobjc2 - this appears to require
> GNUstep to compile, is that correct ? Was hoping to use
> it as a dropin replacement for the GCC libobjc, or is that not
> possible ?

Hi Pete,

The current build system uses GNUstep make, but it doesn't depend directly on
any features of GNUstep.  The FreeBSD guys expressed some interest in building
it without GNUstep Make, so I plan on creating a standard POSIX Makefile for it
eventually, but it's not right at the top of my list of priorities.  If you
feel like contributing one then I'll happily commit it and keep it up to date...

David

-- Sent from my brain