Re: GSoC application

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: GSoC application
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:26:43 +0100

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:51:09AM -0700, Adam Fedor wrote:
> Here's the application currently.  Anymore comments before I send it in?

I have a little suggestion for the "Why is your organization applying to
participate in GSoC 2010?"-section. Right now, it focuses on enabling
present contributors to dedicate more time to the project. Maybe it
would be good to add something like the following paragraph to make the
proposal sound more "open":

Because of the popularity of Apple's Objective-C based iPhone
platform we also expect heightened interest from students that are not
intimately familiar with the project. GSoC would provide them with an
opportunity broaden their knowledge while working on an open,
cross-platform implementation of the underlying APIs.

I know this is far from perfect and I don't even know if we really want
to go that route. But, to my mind, it sounds like a good idea to say
"Hey look! There are tons of people already using Objective-C/Cocoa-ish
stuff, they might want to work with us."

Cheers,

Niels