Help with Windows Setup - NSCalendar specifically

From: kkonkle
Subject: Help with Windows Setup - NSCalendar specifically
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 00:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

I'm new to ObjectiveC, but I'm working on an iPhone App and that's the language I have to use.

I installed the 2 required files as per the instructions here:
http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html

This is setup and working, I can write up a simple program, compile it, and it executes as expected.

The issue I'm having is that the installer seems to include "NSCalendarDate.h" instead of "NSCalendar.h".  As far as I can tell NSCalendar is not supported on the iPhone and it's recommended I use NSCalendar.

I found a website that had "NSCalendar.h" available for download here:
http://www.quantum-step.com/download/sources/mySTEP/Foundation/Sources/

I grabbed that include file, modified my own "Foundation.h" file to Import it, and recompiled.  Now I am getting the following error that I can't find much reference to through Google.

     "undefined reference to '___objc_class_name_NSCalendar'"

Does anyone know what I can do to get NSCalendar working and compiling on my windows system?

I don't know if it's helpful but it took me some doing to get my "gcc" compilation line working and it includes several switches that might be influencing things.  NSString wouldn't work either until I added the "-f" switch, maybe there's something similar I can do for NSCalendar?

gcc -o test test.m -I /GNUstep/System/Library/Headers -L /GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lobjc -lgnustep-base -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString -enable-auto-import

Thank you for your help.

/<evin