Re: State of the 'Step

From: J. Jordan
Subject: Re: State of the 'Step
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:33:14 +0100

Gürkan,

I would much rather have GTK+ make menus that can be pulled off to fit in
better with my GNUstep or at least allow me to hide them so that I can
reproduce the menus using WindoMaker's UserMenu function.  I know this is
possible, Midori allows me to hide the menu and it's WM_CLASS is set up
properly so it works nicely with WindowMaker's UserMenu, intergrates very
nicely with GNUstep.

Don't want OSX style menus either.

I only use GTK+ apps when I cannot find a GNUstep app that will do the job, I
try never to use Gnome apps and the only Qt app I have on my system is twinkle,
which I hope I will be smart enough soon to paste a GNUstep gui on twinkle's
cli.

I think Midori would have been a better choice of browser in the GNUstep CD.  I
installed Chrome, opened it once and promptly decided it was the ugliest, most
useless, Windoze clone of an abortion I had ever seen.

I can't address GNUstep on Windows as I will not allow any installation of
Windows in my home.

-j