Re: some debugging help needed

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: some debugging help needed
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:46:50 +0100

Hi,
On Tuesday 09 February 2010 10:46:15 pm Fred Kiefer wrote:
> You session object gets release by an autorelease pool. This information
> wont help you track down your problem. From the code sniplets I would
> guess that the session should be kept alive by the sessionStore. You
> could inspect that code, whether it retains the session correctly. If it
> does then another trick will be needed. You can define retain and
> release method on session (just let them call the super implementation)
> and set breakpoints in both methods. This may result in too much
> information, but could lead to the clue on who is releasing this object.
>
> Hope this helps
That helped. Thanks a lot. After some hours of debugging and wading through
the code, I found the place where the session gets stored in the
WOServerSessionStore. There was an if else statement, where the session was
only in the if clause retained. Doing the same in the else clause fixed my
problem.

However, I did not really understood the things you proposed in the second
half of your answer. I should add a retain and release method in the
OGoSession class, and just call [super retain|release] in them and then set a
breakpoint on those?

Sebastian