Re: GNUstep app won't start

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: GNUstep app won't start
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:38:51 +0100

Hi all,

Maybe it's an issue with your X graphics card driver. As far as I know,
the driver provides the actual GLX and GL implementations.
'glXMakeContextCurrent' is a function which got introduced with GLX
1.3, older implementations do not have it. You could take a look at the
output of glxinfo or a similar tool which shows the actual OpenGL
capabilities of your graphics driver.

The source system with GL support is

                        Solaris 10 5/09 s10x_u7wos_08 X86
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 30 March 2009

The target system without GFL support is

                       Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 16 September 2009

Interesting that the 6 months newer system says no to GL. I got the problem solved for now by editing config.make on the source system and removing -lGL from the option list. The now built back can be synced to the target machine and works flawlessly there.

Any idea what the implications of removing -lGL might be?

Thanks a lot,

 Andreas