accessing/setting file name for NSSavePanel

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: accessing/setting file name for NSSavePanel
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:18:08 +0100

Hi,

I want to manipualte the filename of a NSSavePanel while it is shown. The events of the manipulation come from the accessoryview. I want to read it, modify it and set it back depending on events coming from the accessory view components. How can I do that? The documentation says that "filename" should be used only at the end of the modal session and I understand the events coming from the controls inside the accessoryviews are during a modal session.
Furthermore I found no provision on how to set the filename.

Any suggestions? The best solution would be portable to Mac, so I'd prefer not to use internal variables/methods.

Thank you,
   Riccardo