Re: gnustep-base package tried to download dtd from the internet

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: gnustep-base package tried to download dtd from the internet
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:49:28 +0100

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:49:57PM +0100, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> When I try to make a make -C Documentation install the package tried to
> download the DTDs from the internet. This is not allowed in a build
> environment.
>
> So I now search a solution why I can refer to the DTDs without to
> install the DTDs to
> the final destination directory.

Most xml-processing utilities support xml-catalogs [0] which solve
precisely this problem by allowing you to map doctypes to custom
dtd-locations. I it would be useful to know which particular utility
tries to refer to the dtds.
If it supports catalogs, you can maintain a local copy of the relevant
dtds somewhere on the build machine and use those instead of those
located somewhere on the net.

Hope it helps,

Niels

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_Catalog