Re: Window manager interaction

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Window manager interaction
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:31:54 +0200

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:13:19AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Riccardo

> I don't think it is expected, I get a similar behaviour with WIndowMaker.
>
> I put the application in the background, it looses its windows and I
> can't get it to the front again.
>
> Also the icon does not have the small "dot" which shows it is minimized.
> Also it does not respond to right-click on the icon: the windowmaker
> menu shows up.

I think that's a different problem : I don't have an icon where to put
a small dot as I set GSSuppressAppIcon to YES. In my case everything
disappear, not a single pixel left on the screen !
Maybe you're refering to an icon in windowmaker dock ?

By the way, to clarify, when I said 'hide' the application, I meant
using the Hide menu item.

Philippe
--
Sans le kangourou, l'homme n'aurait jamais su qu'il ne possede pas de poche
marsupiale. Alexandre Vialatte