Re: Window manager interaction

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Window manager interaction
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:13:19 +0200

Hi,

I don't think it is expected, I get a similar behaviour with WIndowMaker.

I put the application in the background, it looses its windows and I can't get it to the front again.

Also the icon does not have the small "dot" which shows it is minimized. Also it does not respond to right-click on the icon: the windowmaker menu shows up.

Indeed, doing another gopen of the apps, makes it pop-up again with all the windows!

Riccardo

Philippe Roussel wrote:
Hi all,

When using GNUstep applications under a Gnome desktop and it's
Metacity window manager, I often 'lose' those applications : if I
minimize a windows, it appears in the task bar as expected but if I
hide the application there's nothing left in the task bar. The only
solution seems to launch the application again to get it back.

I'm running with GSAppOwnsMiniwindow set to NO and GSSuppressAppIcon
set to YES as I don't want AppIcons to appear on the desktop.

Is it the intended behavior ? Did I miss something ?

Thanks,
Philippe