Re: Terminal.app and fonts

From: Pablo Giménez
Subject: Re: Terminal.app and fonts
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 00:57:49 +0100

2009/10/9 Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org>
El jue, 08-10-2009 a las 17:46 +0100, Pablo Giménez escribió:
> Hi everybody, et least I have the GNUstep environment working, all the
> core, extra libs, GWorkspace and SystemPreferences.
> Well today I tred Terminal.app to complete my working tools.
> I got it from the GAP, is version 0.9.5. It works.
> But I tried to change the default Courier 12 forn. First I changed it
> from the Terminal.app preferences to Helvetica 9 and the app crashed.

As I can see this is a bug on Font Panel. I can reproduce this problem
on others apps.

> And talking about fonts, cam GNUstep use True Type fonts? and is
> possible to use Xft to get antialiased fonts?

See this link

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/Gui/LanguageSetup.html

the section Fonts
I will try this tomorrow. Seems that I have t change the backend to libart isn´t it?
I am using cairo.
So libart backend allow to use ttf fonts, what about the antialiasing????

> Thanks
>
> --
> Un saludo
> Best Regards
> Pablo Giménez

PD: Hola Pablo, sos bienvenido también en la lista en español, en
http://www.gnustep.wordpress.com
Saludos