Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 00:32:42 +0200

Hi,

Ok, I went too far, Terminal works. But I doesn't answer to
'Terminal/Open shell here' service needed by GWorkspace for example.
Running midnight commander inside it is... interesting. But yes, it
works as a terminal for most things. Sorry :o)

If you want we can work on that.

Don't get me wrong : I'm not opposed to multiple applications having
the same goal. I just think the GNUstep project should select a set of
applications and promote them as the minimal environnement. If I want
to add a settings module, should I add it to Preferences,
SystemPreferences or both ? Not necessarily a big deal but it might be
confusing for users.
Well, GNUstep hosts one implementation: SystemPreferences. Etoile or Backbone projects can choose to have their own. Each project has its freedom to pick or replace the apps provided by gnustep.

GAP chooses to use GNUstep's SystemPreferences.

Riccardo