Re: Problems building gnustep-back on fedora 8

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problems building gnustep-back on fedora 8
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:28:36 +0100

On 30 Sep 2009, at 19:13, Pablo Giménez wrote:

Yep I have all the core packages compiled and installed, tomorrow I will try to install the extra libs The problem was that the locale must be an utf, I had en_GB in the LANG environmetn variable, when I have changed it to en.GB.utf8 it works. My guess is that GNUstep needs an unicode environment to work properly.

I think you are right.

I have committed a fix to gnustep-base (the file GHSLocale.m) in svn trunk, which I hope will correct the problem.

Please could you give it a try and let me know if it cures the bug for you.