Re: SWI 2.7.0

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: SWI 2.7.0
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:04:42 +0200

Am 18.09.2009 um 19:25 schrieb Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf:

Am 18.09.2009 um 10:06 schrieb hns@computer.org:

On 16 Sep., 17:00, Truls Becken <truls.bec...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not all categories are listed, however. At least Applications is

Would not have happened if written with Objective-C array enumerators
instead of PHP :)

If so why do we (you) not follow the "eat your own dog food" mantra and implement the whole thing in GNUstepWeb? This should be easy for you and would be a (although simple) showcase for GSW. If I only had a little more time currently I'd do so … (I am currently doing contract work in Berlin - which is not my hometown - since several weeks)

Well,
since it was already available in version 2.3 or so. Implemented in PHP. As usual - fixing configuration and bugs was easier than a reimplementation.

But your proposal is a very good idea for Version 3.0! I can help to port data and give hints for the data structures but I have no experience in GSW.

Rgds,
Nikolaus