Objective-C 2.0

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Objective-C 2.0
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:17:06 +0200

Hi,

I am currently learning Objective-C on the Mac (using that book:-)) and I was
wondering if Objective-C 2.0 is available on Linux and if it can be used for
gnustep development.

If it is available is it ok to use it for gnustep? If it is not available, are
there any plans to support it? I think especially having a garbage collector
would be quite interesting. Personally I think having a GC would be a
sustantial advantage of gnustep over, e.g. Qt.

If it is partly available, which features can (should) be used? Are blocks
available (which seem to be a propertery Apple extension to C-like languages)?

Is it possible to write applications that can be compiled on both the Mac
using Cocoa and Linux using gnustep?

Greetings,
Michael