Re: GNUmakfiles - sources must be in project's root?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUmakfiles - sources must be in project's root?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:32:47 +0100

On 26 Aug 2009, at 10:31, Juergen Lorenz Simon wrote:

The question is: how do I add sourcefiles, which are organized in several subdirectories, to the GNUmakefile without having to create subprojects or reorganize the project layout? I perused the GNUstep module and application sources, I can't seem to find example.

It's a frustrating limitation, because it makes good organisation hard, but you can work around it using subprojects. Take a look in Étoilé svn for some examples; almost all of our frameworks use subprojects. EtoileFoundation is probably the best example:

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/etoile/trunk/Etoile/Frameworks/EtoileFoundation/GNUmakefile?rev=5063&view=auto

David