GNUmakfiles - sources must be in project's root?

From: Juergen Lorenz Simon
Subject: GNUmakfiles - sources must be in project's root?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:31:12 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to shoehorn GNUstep onto an existing project. During the creation of the GNUstep makefile (originally I had the luxury of cmake), I found I could not add sources like this:

foo_OBJC_FILES = src/App/main.mm \
src/App/Protocol.mm \

The result in calling make -f GNUmakefile is:

This is gnustep-make 2.2.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
Making all for objc_program foo...
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `obj/src/App/main.mm', needed by `obj/foo'.  Stop.

The question is: how do I add sourcefiles, which are organized in several subdirectories, to the GNUmakefile without having to create subprojects or reorganize the project layout? I perused the GNUstep module and application sources, I can't seem to find example.

Cheers.