documentation.make

From: MartinKalbfuß
Subject: documentation.make
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Community,

I'm new to gnustep. I try to set up a GNUmakefile. But I'm not sure how to
organize the source distribution for my library.

My current distribution directory structure consists only of one directory.
No sub projects or something. All files are in this directory. It looks
like:

sdlwrap

+-- rect.h
+-- rect.m
+-- error.h
+-- error.m
+-- timer.h
+-- timer.m
+-- helpers.h
+-- helpers-m
+-- GNUmake

My current GNUmakefile is

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

[code]
LIBRARY_NAME = sdlwrap
DOCUMENT_NAME = sdlwrap

sdlwrap_OBJC_FILES = error.m \
                     helpers.m \
                     rect.m \
                     timer.m

sdlwrap_HEADER_FILES = error.h \
                       helpers.h \
                       rect.h \
                       timer.h

sdlwrap_HEADER_INSTALL_DIR = sdlwrap

sdlwrap_AGSDOC_FILES = error.h \
                   helpers.h \
                   rect.h \
                   timer.h

sdlwrap_AGSDOC_FLAGS = -MakeFrames YES

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/documentation.make
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/library.make

As you can see from the Makefile, I create some documentation from the
headers with autogsdoc. But the problem is, that I have to name the
documentation "sdlwrap" like the library to get a correct install directory
for the documentation and a correct title for the documentation. But when I
do this the created documentation is stored in a subdirectory called sdlwrap
which is confusing.  Better would be doc or documentation. I can add the
-DocumentationDirectory option to AGSDOC_FLAGS, but then make clean doesn't
work for the documentation.

What's the right way to go? Is there a variable to set the output directory?