Linking against an uninstalled framework

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Linking against an uninstalled framework
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:55:55 +0200

Hello,

what are the correct linker flags in a GNUmakefile for linking an application against an uninstalled framework? So far, the best I could find are the following definitions from SystemPreferences.app:

  ifeq ($(findstring mingw32, $(GNUSTEP_TARGET_OS)), mingw32)
ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L../../PreferencePanes/$ (FRAMEWORK_NAME).framework/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)
  else
ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L../../PreferencePanes/$ (FRAMEWORK_NAME).framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)
  endif

I guess, the conditional should better be replaced by
  if ($(FRAMEWORK_VERSION_SUPPORT), no)
but still this is not suitable for use with ProjectCenter, which allows defining the contents of the ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS variable, but not replacing it by conditional definitions like those above. So I guess I'm looking for a makefile variable that expands to either $ (GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR) or to Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR). Is there any such variable?

Wolfgang

P.S.: Is there any concise and up to date reference of the public variables that are defined by gnustep-make? I have looked at the documentation in gnustep-make.info, but it seems to be incomplete (e.g., I couldn't find GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR there)