Segfault in SystemPreferences

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Segfault in SystemPreferences
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:37:26 +0200

Hi all,
last week (May, 27th) I upgraded my GNUstep installation from SVN and encountered problems with SystemPreferences and GWorkspace. Both simply segfault during startup. Additionally, GWorkspace tells me that is cannot load English.lproj/PrefWindow.gorm.

In both cases the debugger shows that the crash happens in -[GSFFCallInvocation initWithMethodSignature:]. Here is the bachtrace:

#0  0xb794a873 in -[GSFFCallInvocation initWithMethodSignature:] (
    self=0xc1f00000, _cmd=0x200862, aSignature=0x38220000)
    at GSFFCallInvocation.m:548
#1  0x00050000 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

No, I did not compile -base with debug info, yet, as I did not have time so far, but maybe someone already has an answer for me and spares me debugging -base :-)

TIA
Andreas