Re: GNUstep make static library question

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep make static library question
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:45:24 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi all,
>
> I am still struggling to get a bundle referencing a framework
> referencing a library to work on MacOSX using GNUstep make. I have done
> the following:
>
>       rm -rf /opt/GNUstep
>       cd /usr/src/core/make
>       ./configure --prefix=/opt/GNUstep --enable-import
> --enable-absolute-install-pathes

(PS: it's --enable-absolute-install-paths, with the 'e')

Which version of gnustep-make are you using ? :-)

The current stable, released and supported version is 2.2.0.  If you're using an
older version, please upgrade to 2.2.0 as your problems might already be fixed
in 2.2.0!

I'm asking mostly because ...

 1. I see you're using the --enable-import option, which was removed in 2004 (!)

 2. You're on Apple - where, since 2.0.5. the 'apple' layout is used by default.
Yet you're using a prefix=/opt/GNUstep and ending up with a GNUstep.sh
in /opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh, which is what I'd expect
using the 'gnustep' layout.  Please upgrade your old (<=2.0.4) gnustep-make to
the latest stable release (2.2.0). (also considering that the
--enable-absolute-install-paths option that you're trying to use was added
in 2.0.6!)

 3. In your GNUmakefile you're setting GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR to
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT
and such like, which gives me this creeping uneasiness that it's possible that
you
might not have even upgraded to gnustep-make 2.0 yet ?

I have access to an Apple at home and will happily debug your problem if it's
still
there once you have upgraded to 2.2.0. ;-)

Thanks