Re: Live Splitview patch (and a brief touch on live window resizing)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Live Splitview patch (and a brief touch on live window resizing)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:52:44 +0200

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> Am 14.05.2009 um 23:08 schrieb Gregory Casamento:
>
> > It would be nice to have some modern features such as this.
>
> +1
>
> > [...] make it conditional [...]
>
> I'd resist to make the code more complex than neccessary. All you can
> gain are complaints about different behaviour in different situations
> (cpu speed, system load). Mac OS X handles live resizing on a 132 MHz
> machine under full steam still fine - even if it isn't exactly
> "live", then.

MacOS-X and full blown cocoa do not run on 132 Mhz systems.
And I can assure that Cocoa on a 466MHz G3 with a OpenGL capable videocard
like my iBook, several of these geeky features are damn heavy. Live window
resizing and split views are among them. Other things perform very speedy
and fast - no doubt.

Riccardo