Re: fail to compile Terminal from backbone: ‘NSFontManager’ undeclared

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: fail to compile Terminal from backbone: ‘NSFontManager’ undeclared
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:36:07 +0800

Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
I would suggest against using anything from the Backbone project, except for the fonts if you're using the -art backend. It's no longer under development and is starting to suffer from bit rot. Preferences.app can be replaced with SystemPreferences.app, Terminal.app is not in the GAP project (http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gap/system-apps/Terminal/?root=gap) and TextEdit really doesn't have a replacement, but GAP is working on porting Bean.app (you can also use Ink.app in the gnustep-examples release).

Good luck
Stefan
Debian package put all 3 applications from backbone direct dependencies of the package "gnustep" while not even including "SystemPreferences.app" in package repository, which is a signal to newbie users that backbone is the real backbone of gnustep, which is another confusion....

I'll stop using backbone. It does look outdated. Thanks for the information.