compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion

From: 张韡武
Subject: compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:04:55 +0800

Hi. Newbie again. More newbie = wider user base

I tried to compile my own gnustep because the packages from Debian has only
arts/cairo both are referred to as not stable or not fast for remote X.
Besides I don't have to have the new features like freetype fonts.

I compiled according to gnustep build guide, from gnustep-base, gnustep-gui,
gnustep-back (with xlib options) and gworkspace. all compiles fine without
error message. But newly compiled GWorkspace won't run:

$ GWorkspace
GWorkspace: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/libgnustep-back-016.bundle/./libgnustep-back-016:
undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion

I googled the error message without getting easy-to-understand clues. Hope
someone helps. thanks.
--
锐业软服(国内业务)  http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService      http://www.realss.com